Saturday, April 23, 2011

April 23, 2011 - The way it is...

So my wife and I are about to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary in about a month. It got me to thinking about the past year and everything that we've been through. It seems like everything was against us from the beginning, but standing here now I feel like everything has went according to some plan, just don't know whos's plan that was. I didn't see it coming at all but I'm glad we are together. We have our favorite shows on tv, she likes the housewives of anywhere and baby shows. I more of a sports and law and order type of guy myself. One thing that we do agree on is that the way marriage is shown on Tv, movies, and often in your own upbringing is not exactly what u will experience own your own life. So we are using this blog as a way to share our experiences with other people and reflect on our own. This is going to be a true no holds barred account of the things that go on day to day between my wife and I. We do not have any children yet, but we have begun to work on that. This gives us a chance to spend more time getting to know each other, travel, and getting used to being a married couple. (you may not realize or understand that you have to ge used to being married and it takes time). This past year has been great to me, but I know that I have a lot more growing to do and i have to do more to understanding the needs of my wife better. As a man this is a ever changing set of feelings and emotions that you have to embark on when u enter into a marriage. It's like takin a trip but not knowing what the weather is going to be. So you prepare for what u think it will be, not knowing until you get there what exactly it will be. But you make the best of it regardless, if its hot and sunny than you can spend that time basking in the sun by the pool. If it's snowing then we bundle up, grab the skis and hit the slopes or make snow angles in the yard. Whatever it is, it doesn't matter if that's where you want to be. In a way I equate that how to deal with your woman and the unknown emotions that you may encounter. Through this we will take a long hard look at our past year and reflect as we come into our anniversary and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment